By: Akpesiri Akatugba
The final group games of the Fifa Men’s World Cup commenced yesterday, with pulsating games in both group A and B. Today the 26th of June 2018, Group C and D will bear a finished look after the final group games. Group C and D fixtures will kick-off at 3pm and 7pm West African time respectively.
- Les Blues already booked a spot at the knockout stages, but will be looking to seal top spot by at least not losing to Denmark.
- The Dens will be seeking at least a draw to ensure qualification, but will also have an eye on snatching top spot from France with a win.
- The Aussies must beat Peru if they harbour any hope of advancing, but will need France to beat Denmark if they are to qualify.
- The Peruvians with all their South American flair and enterprising play are already out despite showing so much promise in their first game.
- Croatia already secured qualification with Friday’s decimation of Messi and co, but will require a point to secure top spot.
- The Super Eagles will qualify with win over the Albiceleste. A draw would be enough if Iceland fail to win against Croatia.
- Argentina will qualify if the beat Nigeria and Iceland fail to beat Croatia. If Iceland beats Croatia, they will have to beat Nigeria by two more goals than Iceland win their game.
This will be fascinating to watch.