Jahm Najafi in $3.75bn takeover bid of Tottenham

Tottenham Hotspur are set to receive a takeover bid worth $3.75bn from Iranian-American billionaire Jahm Najafi

Tottenham Hotspur are presently owned by the investment firm ENIC, which is led by Daniel Levy. Throughout their time in charge, ENIC has come under fire from various fan groups for what they perceive to be a lack of investment.

Omasports understands there are several parties interested in purchasing Tottenham, and there is speculation that ENIC may now be persuaded to sell.

According to The Financial Times, Najafi is putting together a group to make a bid for the club, and an offer may be made to ENIC and Levy in the upcoming weeks.

They add that Najafi places a value on Spurs’ equity of about $3 billion and would add $750 million in debt to their books. His group would provide 70% of the bid, and supporters from the Middle East would cover the remaining 30%.

Najafi holds a minority stake in the NBA team Phoenix Suns. In response to numerous allegations of workplace misconduct, he recently urged the team’s previous majority owner Robert Sarver to step down and sell the team.

Sarver transferred ownership of the Suns to a group headed by mortgage financier Mat Ishbia, with Najafi continuing to be a minority shareholder.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Change Language »