Juventus have announced the return of former manager Massimiliano Allegri after parting ways with club legend Andrea Pirlo after just a season.
Pirlo leaves the club having struggled to qualify for next season’s Champions League and was eliminated in the Champions League by Porto.
Allegri was in charge of Juventus in his first stint before leaving in 2019 for Maurizio Sarri who was sacked after one year.
“We said goodbye two years ago with the message, “History Alone”, the message on the back of the shirt given to Massimiliano Allegri by President Andrea Agnelli with an embrace and a shirt, on which in just two words encapsulated Allegri’s experience at Juve,” club statement reads.
“The beauty of the story, however, is that it never stops. And in football, this means a concept that we have ingrained in our DNA: the best victory is the next one. Always.”
Allegri five Scudetto, four-consecutive doubles, coupled with the Coppa Italia and to the two Super Cups, reaching two Champions League finals in just three seasons, in what were epic feats both in Italy and in Europe.
Image via Getty
- Ronaldo robbed of almost 300,000 euros
- Ancelotti says new boy Camavinga ‘surprised’ him
- Derby County set to enter administration; to face 21-point penalty
- VIDEOS: Lens-Lille derby delayed due to crowd furor as Ligue 1 suffers latest episode of fan violence
- Dutch striker Depay seeking greater exploits at Barcelona
/ 5 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...