Borussia Dortmund striker Sebastien Haller is to undergo chemotherapy for a testicular tumour and is expected to be out for several months.
The Ivory Coast forward, 28, was was diagnosed earlier this month after complaining that he felt unwell.
Earlier this week the club reported he had successfully undergone surgery.
“Sebastien will now receive the best possible treatment, the chances of recovery are very good,” said Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl.
Haller signed a four-year deal with the Bundesliga side after moving from Ajax for 31m euros this month.
The club said: “Sebastien Haller (28) will be absent from Borussia Dortmund for several months. The histological findings revealed a malignant testicular tumour. Haller therefore has to undergo chemotherapy treatment.”
- I Trust Pogba, Not His Brother – Mbappe
- Real Madrid beat Frankfurt to claim 2022 Uefa Super Cup
- Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner: “We respect Real Madrid but we don’t fear them”
- Carlo Ancelotti: “It’s always special to win,”Madrid boss says ahead of Frankfurt Super Cup clash
- “I knew I could do more,” Real forward Benzema says game & ambition now on different level
/ 6 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...