Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has said winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain sustained a “serious” hamstring injury during pre-season.
The 28-year-old picked up the injury during Liverpool’s win over Crystal Palace in Singapore on 15 July.
“With Oxlade it will take longer. It’s a serious hamstring injury and it will take longer,” said Klopp.
“But it’s a hamstring, and we all hate this word, we hate the injury but anyway it happens from time to time and now Ox was the one.”
Oxlade-Chamerlain has suffered several injury setbacks since joining Liverpool from Arsenal in 2017, including a knee problem that kept him out for a year from April 2018.
Liverpool face Manchester City in the Community Shield at King Power Stadium on Saturday.
- I Trust Pogba, Not His Brother – Mbappe
- Real Madrid beat Frankfurt to claim 2022 Uefa Super Cup
- Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner: “We respect Real Madrid but we don’t fear them”
- Carlo Ancelotti: “It’s always special to win,”Madrid boss says ahead of Frankfurt Super Cup clash
- “I knew I could do more,” Real forward Benzema says game & ambition now on different level
/ 6 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...