Manchester City defender Aymeric Laporte has undergone surgery for a knee injury and could be out until September, manager Pep Guardiola said on Friday ahead of the Premier League champions’ Community Shield clash with FA Cup winners Liverpool.
The 28-year-old missed City’s pre-season tour of the United States this month during which they beat Club America and Bayern Munich
“Laporte is injured,” Guardiola told reporters before Saturday’s clash at Leicester City’s King Power Stadium.
“He had surgery. Last season he played the last few games with an injury, he made an incredible effort but he could not continue to do that.
“So far he’s doing really well. You have to be careful because it was his knee. If all goes well he will start to be with us in September.”
- I Trust Pogba, Not His Brother – Mbappe
- Real Madrid beat Frankfurt to claim 2022 Uefa Super Cup
- Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner: “We respect Real Madrid but we don’t fear them”
- Carlo Ancelotti: “It’s always special to win,”Madrid boss says ahead of Frankfurt Super Cup clash
- “I knew I could do more,” Real forward Benzema says game & ambition now on different level
/ 6 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...