Top Cuban athlete Yaime Perez has defected while she was on her way back from the World Championships in Eugene, USA.
The Olympic bronze medal discus thrower, 31, abandoned the Cuban delegation while on a stopover in Miami.
Her defection comes just days after that of the 19-year-old javelin thrower, Yiselena Ballar.
Ballar had also used a stopover in Miami to escape, but had done so en route to the World Championships.
Another member of the Cuban delegation, physiotherapist Carlos González, absconded on the same day as Yaimé Pérez.
Cuban officials called their defections “serious indiscipline”.
- I Trust Pogba, Not His Brother – Mbappe
- Real Madrid beat Frankfurt to claim 2022 Uefa Super Cup
- Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner: “We respect Real Madrid but we don’t fear them”
- Carlo Ancelotti: “It’s always special to win,”Madrid boss says ahead of Frankfurt Super Cup clash
- “I knew I could do more,” Real forward Benzema says game & ambition now on different level
/ 6 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...