Manchester United have completed the signing of Argentina defender Lisandro Martinez from Ajax in a deal worth up to 67m euros.
United manager Erik ten Hag was keen to be reunited with the 24-year-old, who he signed for Ajax in 2019.
He joins the club on a five-year contract which keeps him at Old Trafford until 2027, with the option of a further year.
“It’s an honour to join this great football club,” Martinez said.
“I’ve worked so hard to get to this moment and, now that I’m here, I’m going to push myself even further.”
Martinez made 120 appearances for Ajax after moving from Argentinian side Defensa y Justicia for £6.3m in 2019, and also played for Newell’s Old Boys.
Martinez played under Ten Hag at Ajax and won the Eredivisie title with the club in 2021 and 2022, as well as the Dutch Cup in 2021.
He was also Ajax’s player of the year for the 2021-22 season.
- I Trust Pogba, Not His Brother – Mbappe
- Real Madrid beat Frankfurt to claim 2022 Uefa Super Cup
- Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner: “We respect Real Madrid but we don’t fear them”
- Carlo Ancelotti: “It’s always special to win,”Madrid boss says ahead of Frankfurt Super Cup clash
- “I knew I could do more,” Real forward Benzema says game & ambition now on different level
/ 6 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...