Newly-promoted Premier League club Nottingham Forest are interested in signing Nigeria international Taiwo Awoniyi from Union Berlin, per Sky Germany.
Awoniyi, 24, is reported to have a release clause in the region of €20 million.
Having raised around €190m, thanks to being promoted to the English top division, Nottingham Forest will be able to pay such an amount for the Nigerian, who registered 15 goals in 31 Bundesliga games for Union last season.
Awoniyi, who was once at Liverpool, has since disclosed a desire to return to the Premier League.
Speaking to Kicker back in February, he said: “Everyone knows that, including here at the club. If I lived in England, it would be easier for my wife and child. Also my sister and a brother live on the island.”
The former Liverpool striker spent the 2020/21 season on loan at Union Berlin before the capital club made the move permanent last summer for €7m.
- Tunisia’s Ons Jabeur reveals ‘huge’ admiration for Ronaldo
- NFF denies reports of Maduka Okoye not wanting to play for Nigeria
- Tottenham sign Richarlison from Everton for £60m
- “It’s just a question of momentum” – Drogba believes Osimhen can become world’s best
- Mane and Salah headline 30-man list for Caf Player of the Year award
/ 5 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...