Paris Saint-Germain star Lionel Messi says he has “no doubts” Real Madrid star Karim Benzema should win the Ballon d’Or this year after guiding his side to La Liga and Champions League glory this season.
“I think there are no doubts Benzema should win Ballon d’Or,” Messi told TyC Sports.
“It is very clear that Benzema had a spectacular year and ended up elevating himself with the Champions League, being essential from the last 16 onwards in all the games. I think there are no doubts this year.”
Benzema scored 15 goals in the Champions League, including the winners in the knockout rounds against PSG, Chelsea and Manchester City. He also won La Liga with 27 goals and 12 assists in the competition.
- I Trust Pogba, Not His Brother – Mbappe
- Real Madrid beat Frankfurt to claim 2022 Uefa Super Cup
- Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner: “We respect Real Madrid but we don’t fear them”
- Carlo Ancelotti: “It’s always special to win,”Madrid boss says ahead of Frankfurt Super Cup clash
- “I knew I could do more,” Real forward Benzema says game & ambition now on different level
/ 6 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...