Liverpool defeated Chelsea 6-5 on penalties in yet another final to lift the FA Cup at the Wembley Stadium – their second title this season.
The Reds had beaten Chelsea 11-10 on penalties to lift the Carabao Cup back in February, and it was a similar outcome on Saturday evening.
Both teams played out a goalless draw to force extra time, which finished without any goal.
And in another pulsating penalty shootout, it was Cesar Azpilicueta and Mason Mount who missed theirs for the Blues, as Liverpool ran out 6-5 victors.
Liverpool are still on course for a remarkable quadruple this season.
They face Real Madrid for the Champions League title on May 28 in Paris, and are still in the Premier League title race – although three points behind leaders Man City with two games left.
- Dortmund sack Marco Rose after one season
- Klopp says Aston Villa boss Gerrard will take final match against Man City ‘seriously’
- Nigeria’s Calvin Bassey makes Europa League Team of the Season
- Police investigating after Vieira-fan altercation
- Crystal Palace boss Vieira involved in altercation with pitch invader
/ 5 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...