The 2022 World Para Athletics Championships, which were due to be held in August in Kobe, Japan, have been postponed.
Event organisers World Para Athletics say discussions were held after a request by the Kobe Local Organising Committee (LOC).
In a statement, World Para Athletics said the decision was made due to “foreseeable restrictions”.
The competition was scheduled to run from 26 August to 4 September.
“Both World Para Athletics and the LOC have reached an understanding that the competition will not take place in 2022,” said World Para Athletics.
“Both parties are working closely to assess the feasibility of a postponement to 2024 in order to retain the World Championships within the Paris 2024 cycle.”
- Carlo Ancelotti: Everton fans will be supporting Madrid in Champions League final
- Mane says he’d be ‘happiest player in the world’ if he wins Ballon d’Or
- Kylian Mbappe: ‘My Real Madrid dream is never over’
- Ligue 1 president responds angrily to La Liga ‘attacks’ over Mbappe’s PSG deal
- Ibrahimovic says he ‘suffered’ to help Milan win title
/ 5 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...