Lionel Messi’s spectacular goal against Manchester City in the Champions League on Tuesday has been named the tournament’s Goal of the Week.
It was Messi’s 121st goal in the competition and interestingly, his first for new club, Paris Saint-Germain.
With PSG leading Man City 1–0 in the second half on Tuesday night, the great Argentine received the ball in the middle before embarking on a marauding run. He would exchange a neat one-two pass with Kylian Mbappe on the edge of the area before curling a superb strike that left Ederson rooted to his spot and raised the roof of the Parc des Princes in Paris.
- Carlo Ancelotti: Everton fans will be supporting Madrid in Champions League final
- Mane says he’d be ‘happiest player in the world’ if he wins Ballon d’Or
- Kylian Mbappe: ‘My Real Madrid dream is never over’
- Ligue 1 president responds angrily to La Liga ‘attacks’ over Mbappe’s PSG deal
- Ibrahimovic says he ‘suffered’ to help Milan win title
/ 5 years ago
Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia...